Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September ROCKS!



I LOVE September, for just so many reasons, but this one may prove to be one of the best yet (excluding of course that lovely September day 15 years ago...).  First, this weekend I get to attend my first REAL beer festival, courtesy of Matt @http://www.staythirstyblog.com/ (check it out if you haven't!).  Thanks Matt!

Top of the Hops in Charlottesville, VA looks like a beer lovers dream with at least 50 breweries in attendance pouring, well, A LOT of beer!  I have already begun mapping out my strategy and am truly excited to try not only some new beers but some new (to me!) breweries as well!  Food, live music, and some "brew university" events round out the fun!  Very much looking forward to this!  Fingers crossed for some "wicked awesome" weather on Saturday!

As if that wasn't enough, I will be working the 9th Annual Oktoberfest at Blue and Gray Brewing in Fredericksburg, VA September 23rd & 24th.  That will also be a first for me, but from what I'm told, it's not to be missed!  Authentic German food (prepared on site at Lee's Retreat), live music, stein holding contests, and even some fun for the kids!  Probably less sampling for me at this one, but I'll be happy to pour YOU a beer!



Now, sandwiched in between these two weekends is a make-up trip to Baltimore that was derailed by the wrath of Irene.  This will be my son's first venture to a major league ballpark (if you can really call the Orioles a "major league" team...), and he seems very excited about it!  Now of course no trip would be complete without a visit to a local brewpub, so my empty growler and I will be making the trip to Red Brick Station & White Marsh Brewing Company (note to self...remember a cooler!).  Thanks to my husband I have had the pleasure of trying their Daily Crisis IPA (hmmm...THAT would have been a great name for the blog!!), but I look forward to sampling the full array on our trip.  



If all the stars are aligned properly (read: if we all aren't at each other's throats) we will hopefully stop at HOPS in Alexandria, VA on our way home.  For the past 18 months we have had a gift card to this establishment collecting dust, and I look forward to putting it to good use and crossing one more thing off my Virginia Bucket List!

So seriously?  How can this September NOT rock?  Well, more on that in a future post, but for now, bring on the beer!

Cheers!
Becky 






No comments:

Post a Comment