Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dirty Bastard!!

No, I'm not talking about the S.O.B at the Blue and Gray Oktoberfest who demanded his "deposit" back (let's see if you're really reading this Mr. Fitzpatrick), although he earned the title.  It's the Founders Scotch Ale offering that was lucky enough to be chosen for this week's Friday Night Pint review!  And I gotta say, this one earned a...
...stamp of approval!!! 
This mahongany colored scotch ale was just what the doctor ordered at the end of a day that began with hydroplaning my way up route 95 on my way to a rain soaked Oktoberfest celebration.  I'm pretty sure my shoes are still wet.  Chocolate notes hit you right away followed by a nice, light smoky aroma and flavor.  I find that I like a darker beer best after it warms up a bit, and this one was no exception.  This was the best Friday Night Pint since North Coast's Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, which I believe also earned a Wicked Good Beer stamp of approval.  I love adding diversity to my favorite beers, so I'm ok with adding Dirty Bastard to my hop heavy collection of favorites!  Definitely recommend this one!

Dirty Bastard
8.5% ABV
Founders Brewing Co.
Grand Rapids, MI
The flowers are a nice touch, don't you think?
 The Oktoberfest celebration at Blue and Gray wasn't a total wash out as Mother Nature redeemed herself a bit on Saturday with an overcast but dry (except for the 6 million percent humidity) day.  Things started off a bit slow, but quickly picked up.  Adding in my head has always been a problem and our low budget operation doesn't own any working calculators, so after awhile I just charged $5 for everything.  I can do fives.*  I'm so glad that Oompah band was there becasue they totally helped me concentrate on what I was doing. Thankfully I worked with our brewer Dave who can pour beer lightning fast, and Jimbo who can talk just as fast and confuse the hell out of people so they forget they had to wait for beer.  Quite the trio we were.  

So here I am at Sunday afternoon, impressed as hell with myself that I actually got this posted before the weekend was out!  Already enjoyed a Dogfish 90 with the hubby after his return from NH for the weekend (good thing I was busy so I didn't notice too much that he left me behind-he also returned with a belated anniverary gift that proves I married the right guy...more on that next week), and am looking forward to the pot of chili in the crockpot.  The only question that remains is what to drink with it.  Pretty sure I've got something in the fridge!

Cheers!
Becky
*I wonder if I'lll be fired Monday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment