Friday, October 12, 2012

Liquid Assets

It's been awhile, so I'm just jumping right back in....

For two days I've been home sick with strep throat (I thought only children got this,  but perhaps the fact that I managed to get it speaks to my mentality...).  After trying desperately to "rest"-for Moms this includes a day filled with laundry, cooking, and baking muffins, helping with homework, you get the idea-I decided to address an issue that has been in the back of my mind for awhile.  Every time I go grocery shopping and face the daunting task of returning home to shove it all in cupboards already filled with other stuff, I notice that the fridge is always a little short on space for things like milk and juice.  Let me show you why.

Now I know those of you who have read my blog previously are not surprised, but here is the real issue.  This is not just the beer in my fridge, it is ONLY (with maybe one or two exceptions) the dark, high alcohol, bourbon barrel aged beer.  It's in the "food" fridge, because the "beer" fridge is a puny, dorm room sized thing (Dear Santa...) and the big bottles don't fit.  PLUS, the "beer" fridge is full too (but that's just the "everyday" stuff).  So, why so many bombers of unconsumed beer you ask?  Well, I'm not entirely sure, but I have a few ideas.

1) I am a lightweight, and most of these beers (anywhere from 9-16% ABV), unless consumed with other people, will knock me on my a**.  And the "others" in this household are "lightweighter" than I am (as in 9:30 bedtime without drinking).
2) The romantic visions I have of pouring these beers consist of cold weather, a fire, and a day with nothing to do.  Since two out of these three things rarely happen around here, the opportunities to actually enjoy this beer, are few and far between.
3) I'm pretty sure I am a beer hoarder, and deserve my own reality tv show (if the little freak called Honey Boo Boo can have one..)

Clearly, there are two solutions here. One, drink it.  I can assure you, this WILL happen, although these all may be really well aged  by then, and I may be sharing them on bingo night in the "home".  Or two, stop buying the stuff.  Uh, yeah.  I can also assure you this WILL NOT happen.  And in this case I'll be sharing the beer with my new boyfriend after my husband sees this picture and kicks me out (we know he won't do this though. For proof, re-read the first paragraph of this post).

Ahhh, such is the life I lead and the gut wrenching dilemmas I face...perhaps I will share with you the final outcome when "Beer Hoarders" takes over the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" slot on TLC.

Until then, Happy Friday!
Cheers!
Becky

P.S. Here is a picture of the "beer" fridge...see, I TOLD you it was puny!





No comments:

Post a Comment