Friday, February 24, 2012

Alphabet Soup

Today's FNP is brought to you by the letters W, T, and F, becasue who needs THIS sh*t in FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes, it is nearly 83 degrees on my deck.  In February.  And, it is only 1:30 pm, despite what the time on that thing says (I can never figure out how to change it).  Too much, waaaaayyyy too soon for this northern girl's blood!

THIS is what my yard looked like on MONDAY.  It is FRIDAY.

Great job boys!

Un. Real.  Anyhow, I guess complaining isn't going to help me figure out what the hell mother nature's problem is this week, so let's have a beer.  On the deck!

Lagunitas
Imperial Red Ale
7.8% ABV
54.2 IBUs (someone is good at math!)

Seriously, right?  What kind of an idiot complains about a gorgeous Friday?  Especially when it provides the opportunity to enjoy a great new beer in the sunshine.  I have to say that today's FNP was a last minute, unplanned choice that turned out pretty well!  The aroma of this beer is one that Yankee Candle should be looking into.  It has a great, sweet, pineapple/fruity aroma that even hangs around in the bottle long after the pour.  It's a little deceiving though because this beer is all malt up front with a sneaky bitterness that catches up with you.  The fruity sweetness is only evident in the aroma.  The amber/orange color did look pretty great with the sun shining through it, but I'm still not happy about 80 degree weather in WINTER.  The off-white head left great lace throughout the entire beer, and even looked a little bit like North America at one point, but I couldn't get it to show up quite right in a picture (did I mention that sun thing?).

This one was a good choice, and I would encourage giving it a try, and quickly, because it is apparently a limited release of a beer they brewed way back in 1993.  It's all cyclical you know. 

Thankfully, it looks like the weather is headed for more "seasonable" temps for the rest of the weekend, so my misery, and the beer, shall be short lived!

Cheers!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment